Beach Lax Festival
One of the most popular tournaments of the summer, Beach Lax attracts the top teams from the area to Ocean City every year. Come enjoy great lacrosse while also giving your team the opportunity to hit the beach early in the summer. Each team will play 3 or more 20 minute games and every division plays to a championship. Each team will receive 24 tournament t-shirts and champions will receive prizes!
Boys Club Divisions
- 2024 AA, A, B
- 2025 AA, A, B
- 2026 AA, A, B
- 2027 AA, A, B
- 2028 A, B
- 2029/2030 A, B
All divisions are based on the oldest birthdate/graduation year of any player on the team regardless of size or ability. Please refer to "Roster and Gameplay Rules" below for applicable age cutoff dates. Please call or email us directly for specific guidance on division placement. 410-252-5642
Club: $1100 ($950 Early Bird) per team
**Early Bird Pricing Ends December 31, 2019**
$400 deposit due at registration
2019 Boys Beach Lax Schedule and Scoring
|Boys Club Teams|
|East Side Lacrosse|
|Fallston Lacrosse Club (FLC)|
|FLC - Falcons Lacrosse Club|
|Forest Hill Lacrosse|
|Gator Lacrosse Club|
|Kooper's Lacrosse Club|
|MOCO Warriors Lacrosse Club|
|Perry Hall Gators|
|Perry Hall Lacrosse Club|
|Shore 2 Shore|
|Team 91 MD|
Division Placement Guidelines
For programs that are participating in the HoCo Spring League please use the below guidelines when registering for Beach Lax.
For the many clubs that compete in Beach Lax that are traveling from outside the DC-MD-VA area, we ask that you contact us to discuss your proper placement by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org 410-252-5642
2023 to 2026 Divisions:
- Beach Lax AA:
- All HOCO AAA teams
- HOCO AA teams above .500
- Beach Lax A:
- HOCO AA teams below .500
- All competitive HOCO A teams
- Beach Lax B:
- HOCO A teams with 2 or fewer wins
- All HOCO B teams
2027 to 2028/2029 Divisions
- Beach Lax A:
- All HOCO AA Teams
- HOCO A teams above .500
- Beach Lax B:
- HOCO A teams below .500
- All HOCO B Teams
Please register your teams based on your current HoCo alignment and your best guess on how competitive you think your club will be. There will be an opportunity to make adjustments prior to setting the Beach Lax schedules.
Prior to closing divisions and setting brackets for the tournament, we will reach out to all teams to confirm appropriate placement in the Beach Lax divisions and make any final adjustment as needed to ensure the tournament is as fair and competitive as possible for all teams.
Roster and Gameplay Rules
Rules of Play
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free, and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
All rules will be in accordance with NCAA standards unless otherwise noted.
- Pool Play Games will consist of 2 twenty-minute running time periods with a five minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout each half at which time the clock will stop. Timeouts will not carry over to the next half. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- The clock will stop on all whistles in the last 2 minutes of the game if the goal differential is 2 goals or less.
- Playoff & Championship games will consist of two 15 minute running period. A one minute timeout will separate the periods at which time the teams will change ends of the field. Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game at which the clock will stop. The clock will stop on all whistles during the last two minutes of the game.
- There will be no overtime in regulation pool play.
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finished the game. If the game remains tied after 8 minutes, a one minute break will be called by the officials at which time teams will change ends.
- All penalties will be running time, except when the game clock is stop-start. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- There will be no shot clocks. If a team appears to be stalling they will be warned, then forced to keep the ball in the box. This call will be made at the referee's discretion.
- Any division that is 2027 or older will play by 2018 NCAA advancement rules (30 seconds to advance the ball into the offensive box). For divisions 2028 or younger, there will be no advancement rules.
- Crease dives of any kind will not be permitted for youth divisions (2024 or younger). High School divisions will allow crease dives according to 2019 NCAA standards.
- Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick substitution to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed. Sticks must meet either NCAA or NFHS standards.
- Fighting, as determined by an official, is an automatic ejection from the game.
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs, unless permitted at the direct discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No rulings will be overturned after the game
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her teams' next game. If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
Stick Length Rules:
- Divisions with 2028s and younger must play with stick lengths between between 37" - 72"
- Divisions with 2027s and older must player with stick lengths between 40” – 72”
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- Placement in grade based divisions will be determined by the highest grade of any player on the team. There will be no exceptions granted.
- No High School graduates are eligible.
- Any violation of the tournament roster rules will result in forfeiture of any games in which the ineligible player participated and may result in disqualification from the tournament
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a "Festival" format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of the teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha Tournaments website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly, and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observed at any location, play will be suspended immediately, and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half of running time period the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half of running time when play resumes it will be the start of the second half of the running time period.
- Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 25 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to 25 minute running time periods.
- We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the safety of any player.
- All games canceled due to weather will be considered a 4 - 2 win for both teams.
- No refunds will be issued for any team that voluntarily withdrawls from the tournament after the tournament registration deadline of 4/24/2020.
- No refunds will be issues for any team that is disqualified after 4/24/2020 due to a violation of roster or tournament rules.
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for forfeits, no shows, etc.
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.
In the event of complete game cancellations due to weather, safety, or field conditions, please note the following refund policy:
- 1 Game Cancelled: No refund.
- 2 Games Cancelled: $238.67 returned value ($119.33 cash refund and $119.33 credit for any Fall 2020 or Summer 2021 event)
- All Games Cancelled: $716.00 returned value ($358.00 cash refund and $358.00 credit for any Fall 2020 or Summer 2021 event)
If your team is eligible for a full or partial refund due to weather-related circumstances outlined above, Aloha will contact you after the event regarding the applicable weather refund policy and next steps on how to receive your refund. We will send you a Refund Request Form, where we will ask for information on how you would like your refund check to be sent. Upon receipt of this email, you will have 30 days to complete the Refund Request Form on behalf of your team and/or program, after which point you will forfeit your right to receive any cash refund and will be offered a site credit for the equivalent amount instead.
Please note: Any refund or site credit amounts may be adjusted based on discounts a team received at the time of registration. All teams will receive tournament t-shirts included in the registration fee. The value of the t-shirts ($16 each) will also be reflected in any refunds issued.
Directions and Field Maps
Directions and Field Maps
North Worcester Sports Complex (9040 Worcester Highway, Berlin, MD 21811) - Take Rt. 50 to 113 South (Worcester Highway) towards Snow Hill. Go through 2 stop lights. The fields will be a short distance on the right past Germantown Road.
Directions from Northern OC - Take the Route 90 Bridge and proceed for 7.8 miles. Merge onto US 113 S/Worcester Highway. Proceed for 5.1 miles. Entrance is on your right.
River Soccer Complex (32221 Gum Road, Frankford, DE 19945) - Directions from Rt. 1/Fenwick Island - West on Rt. 54 for 3.7 miles (Uncle Willies & Texaco Station will be on right). Right on Rt. 20 to Roxana, go 3.5 miles until you reach the intersection of Rt. 17 and Rt. 20. Left at intersection for another .6 miles. Right on Gum Road. Complex will be on your right.
Seaside Christian Academy (12637 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842) - Directions from North Worcester Sports Complex - Go south on US 113 South (Worcester Highway). Make a U-Turn onto US 113 North. Proceed 2.0 miles and merge onto Ocean Gateway/US-50 E toward Ocean City. Proceed 6.1 miles and make a U-Turn at Elm Street onto Ocean Gateway/US-50 W. Proceed .2 miles and turn right onto Stephen Decatur Highway. School is .5 miles down road on left. It is behind the go kart track and shopping center.
Directions from Northern OC - Proceed south on Coastal Highway. Turn slight right onto US-50 W/Ocean Gateway. Proceed 1.4 miles. Turn right at light onto Stephen Decatur Highway. School is .5 miles down road on left. It is behind the go kart track and shopping center.
Roster and Waiver Submission
Step 1: Invite your coaches as STAFF - this way all communications can be recieved by all coaches and invites can be monitored for roster.
To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE STAFF' button for your team(s) and enter staff person email - hit send. be sure to check that they have accepted their invte and are now listed as a coach on your dashboard.
Step 2: Invite your player's parents to join your team to complete waivers
- For your team to be eligible to participate in this tournament, you must invite all your players/parents to join the roster and complete their online waivers.
- To do this, please visit your Aloha Dashboard and under 'My Staff Assignments' click the 'INVITE PLAYERS' button for your team(s). (Be sure not to click 'INVITE STAFF')
- To invite all the players at once, you can copy and paste an entire column of emails from a spreadsheet, only submit one email per child. Otherwise, both parents will try to register the same child and it will mess up your roster.
- If you have twins on your roster, you will need to re-send an invitation to the same parent again after they have registered their first child.
- You can log back into your dashboard and keep track of how many parents have registered and also re-send the invitations if needed.
Step 3: Submit your Team Roster.
- From your dashboard click on your team’s name. On the left column click on ROSTER. You will see the following message: WARNING: PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ROSTER
- You may only submit this team’s roster once. Before you submit this roster, you must verify that all players have been sent and have accepted their invitation to join this team for this particular event.
- Once players begin to accept invites you will see the message change to: The following fields must be filled out before roster can be submitted: Jersey Number
- Each player will have a red incomplete button asking for jersey number. Click on EDIT under the player's name and enter jersey number.
- Once you have entered all your players jersey numbers, hit the SUBMIT ROSTER button at the top of the page.
If you need to make any changes to your roster after submitting or have questions please contact us at (410) 252-5642 or email us at email@example.com
If additional players accept invitations, or are otherwise added to this team after your roster has been submitted and you have not notified us your team may be subject to disqualification for this event.
Aloha Tournaments has partnered with EventConnect for the upcoming tournament season as its official and exclusive accommodations provider. EventConnect has worked very closely with the Tournament and local hotels to provide the best options on amenities, value and location. We please ask that teams use the hotels provided through this software as they help support our tournament.
For Team Reps, please do not hesitate to contact the EventConnect Travel Team Coordinators by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. These Coordinators will work with your team to find the best options from the available options once your team is in the accommodations system. For general inquiries, the EventConnect Support Team is available to take our calls at 1-888-723-2064.
Best of luck at the tournament!
Why Aloha Tournaments?
- Competitive and Balanced Divisions
- Accommodating to Grad-Year and Age-Based teams
- Team and Family Friendly Scheduling
- Premier High School Recruiting Opportunities
- First Class Venues With Ample Parking
- Best-In-Class Customer Care and Attention All Year Long
- Unparalleled Player and Fan Experience
- Prizes for Champions and Finalists