Rules of Play
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
- All rules will be in accordance with NCAA standards unless otherwise noted.
- Playing time will consist of 2 twenty minute running time halves with a five minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout each half at which time the clock will stop. Timeouts will not carry over to the next half. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- All penalties will be running time. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- There will be no overtime in regulation games.
- All ties in playoff games (15U, 13U, 11U, & 9U) will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
- Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick horn to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- There will be no advancement rules at 11U, and 9U.
- In High School games on a foul in the box play will not stop until the ball goes out of bounds or the defense gains possession of the ball. This rule will not be in place in 15U, 13U, 11U, & 9U games.
- High School, 15U, & 13U teams will play with NCAA advancement rules.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed. Sticks must meet either NCAA or NFHS standards.
- U11 stick lengths must be between 36" and 72".
- U9 stick lengths must be between 36" and 52".
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her teams's next game.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
15U, 13U, 11U, & 9U Roster Rules
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- US Lacrosse age guidelines will be used for the 15U, 13U, & 11U divisions. Age eligible High School players may compete in the 15U division.
- No High School graduates will be eligible.
- No seniors or Juniors will be permitted to play in in the 2020/2021 Divisions.
- 15U players must have been born after September 1, 2002.
- 13U players must have be born after September 1, 2004.
- 11U players must have been born after September 1, 2006.
- 9U players must have been born after September 1, 2008.
- The division placement of each US team will be based on the graduation year of the player on the team in the highest grade. There will be no exceptions granted.
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.
15U, 13U, 11U, & 9U Scoring
- 15U, 13U, 11U, & 9U Divisions will play to a championship.
- Playoff and Championship games will be 30 minute running time.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout in playoff games during which the clock will stop.
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
Step 1: Coaches Only-Invite your players to join your team.
- To do this, please visit your Aloha dashboard and under “My Staff Assignments” click the “INVITE PLAYERS” button for your team(s). (Be sure not to click INVITE STAFF)
- To invite all the players at once, you can copy and paste an entire column of emails from a spreadsheet, but only submit one email per child. Otherwise, both parents will try to register the same child and it could invalidate your roster.
- If you have twins on your roster, you will need to re-send an invitation to the same parent again after they have registered their first child.
- You can log back into your dashboard and keep track of how many parents have registered and re-send the invitations if need be.
*Parents: The waiver process is all completed online. Your child’s coach should have sent you an email with an invite link to join the team for that Tournament. The link is specific for your child’s team and the event/division. If you did not receive this email/link, please contact your coach directly. They handle this part of the process. They can assist you or resend you another link.
Step 2: Coaches-Upload final Roster and Waiver Verification Form.
- Once all your players have registered, you will need to submit a complete roster to Aloha Tournaments as required by their insurance provider. This also allows Aloha Tournaments to verify player/roster eligibility at the event if necessary.
- To submit the final roster, please complete the form below:
Fall Ball I Roster Verification Form.
Fall Ball II Roster Verification Form.
- If you already have a roster created in your own format, you may submit that as long as it contains the following information for each player (First Name, Last Name, Jersey #, Date of Birth, Graduation Year, Street Address, Phone #). Sample Roster.
Join us this fall for the ultimate fan experience at the Brine Fall Ball tournament!
Aloha's Tiki Village will showcase national and local retailers, the area's best food trucks, sponsorship activation, contests and prizes, giveaways & more! Check out the list below for participating food trucks & retailers!
Aloha Tournaments has partnered with RoomRoster to bring hotel accommodations to travel teams for this event. Teams are able to book any hotel of their choice through the Team Profile. Once a team is registered for the tournament, and uploaded to the RoomRoster software, a link will be sent to the Team Manager to forward to all team members in order for them to reserve their room from the Block created by the Team Manager.
For teams looking for help blocking rooms e-mail email@example.com
For general inquiries and reservation support please contact
1-888-723-2064 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck at the tournament!
Click HERE to visit the RoomRoster site to book your individual hotel.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observered at any location, play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half.
Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 35 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to two 20 minutes running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the saftey of any player.
- No refunds will be issued for any team that voluntarily drops from the tournament after the tournament registration deadline of 9/21/2018.
- No refunds will be issues for any team that is disqualified after 9/21/2018 due to a violation of roster or tournament rules.
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for reasons other than weather. (forfeits, no shows, etc)
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.
- In the event of complete game cancellations due to weather, safety, or field conditions, please note the following refund policy:
- 1 Game Cancelled: No refund.
- 2 Games Cancelled: $316.67 returned value ($158.33 cash refund and $158.33 credit for any Aloha Summer 2019 event)
- All Games Cancelled: $950.00 returned value ($475.00 cash refund and $475.00 credit for any Aloha Summer 2019 event)1 Game Cancelled: No refund.
- 1 Game Cancelled: No refund.
- 2 Games Cancelled: $416.67 returned value ($208.33 cash refund and $208.33 credit for any Aloha Summer 2019 event)
- All Games Cancelled: $1,250.00 returned value ($625.00 cash refund and $625.00 credit for any Aloha Summer 2019 event)
- If your team is eligible for a full or partial refund due to weather-related circumstances outlined above, Aloha will contact you after the event regarding the applicable weather refund policy and next steps on how to receive your refund. We will send you a Weather Request Form, where we will ask for information on how you would like your refund check to be sent. Upon receipt of this email, you will have 30 days to complete the Weather Request Form on behalf of your team and/or program, after which point you will forfeit your right to receive any cash refund and will be offered a site credit for the equivalent amount instead.
- Please note: Any refund or site credit amounts may be adjusted based on any discounts a team received at the time of registration.