Brine Girls Beach Lax Festival
One of the most popular tournaments of the summer, Brine Girls Beach Lax attracts the top teams from the area to Ocean City every year. Come enjoy great lacrosse while also giving your team the opportunity to hit the beach early in the summer. Each team will play 5 or more 25 minute games and every division plays to a championship. Each team will receive 18 tournament t-shirts and champions and finalists will receive prizes.
Note: Club teams CANNOT participate in Rec divisions
All divisions are based on the oldest birthdate/graduation year of any player on the team regardless of size or ability. Please refer to "Roster and Gameplay Rules" below for applicable age cutoff dates. Please call or email us directly for specific guidance on division placement. 410-252-5642
No refunds will be issued for dropped teams after 5/11/2018
11v11: $795 per team
8v8: $695 per team
*$200 deposit due at registration
Divisions & Schedules
2018 Committed Programs
|GIRLS CLUB AND REC PROGRAMS|
|214LAX (TX)||HFG (MD)|
|Baltimore Sharks (MD)||Jarrettsville/North Harford Hawks (MD)|
|Catonsville (MD)||LI Jesters (NY)|
|Cobra (MD)||LOUYAA TRIBE (MD)|
|Dark Horse (MD)||LTRC (MD)|
|Davidsonville (MD)||Lutherville (MD)|
|Fallston (MD)||MD Wolfpack (MD)|
|FGLC (MD)||Orange Crush (MD)|
|Fireballs (MD)||Perry Hall (MD)|
|GHAA Tigers (MD)||Pirates (MD)|
|Greene Turtle Towson (MD)||Rattlers (VA)|
|Hawks (MD)||Saltwater (DE)|
|Henlopen Storm (DE)||Team 91 (MD)|
|Hereford Bulls (MD)||Wax (MD)|
Roster and Waiver Submission
Roster and Waiver Submission Process
Step 1: Coaches Only-Invite your players to join your team.
- To do this, please visit your Aloha dashboard and under “My Staff Assignments” click the “INVITE PLAYERS” button for your team(s). (Be sure not to click INVITE STAFF)
- To invite all the players at once, you can copy and paste an entire column of emails from a spreadsheet, but only submit one email per child. Otherwise, both parents will try to register the same child and it could invalidate your roster.
- If you have twins on your roster, you will need to re-send an invitation to the same parent again after they have registered their first child.
- You can log back into your dashboard and keep track of how many parents have registered and re-send the invitations if need be.
*Parents: The waiver process is all completed online. Your child’s coach should have sent you an email with an invite link to join the team for that Tournament. The link is specific for your child’s team and the event/division. If you did not receive this email/link, please contact your coach directly. They handle this part of the process. They can assist you or resend you another link.
Step 2: Coaches-Upload final Roster and Waiver Verification Form.
- Once all your players have registered, you will need to submit a complete roster to Aloha Tournaments as required by their insurance provider. This also allows Aloha Tournaments to verify player/roster eligibility at the event if necessary.
- To submit the final roster, please complete this Roster Verification Form.
- If you already have a roster created in your own format, you may submit that as long as it contains the following information for each player (First Name, Last Name, Jersey #, Date of Birth, Graduation Year, Street Address, Phone #). Sample Roster.
Roster and Gameplay Rules
Girls Beach Lax Rules 2018
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers (air horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) are allowed. Offenders will be asked to leave the field. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
All parents and spectators must sit 4 meters (space permitting) from the sidelines on the opposite side of the field from the players and coaches. Please clear the fields promptly after the game to allow for the next contest to start on time.
Any player, fan, coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in /coaching / watching his/her team's next game. If a player, fan, coach is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.
Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
Game Play Rules:
All rules will be in accordance with NFHS 2018 Women's Lacrosse rules with the following modifications:
- Games will consist of 1 twenty-five minute running time period. Each team will receive one 1 minute time out with possession or after a goal, not to be taken in the last 5 minutes of the game. The clock will not stop.
- Officials will keep score and control the time for these games. Games will start promptly. Teams should be ready to play.
- There will be no overtime in regulation play. At the end of the game, if the whistle has already blown to stop play for a major foul in the arc, a free position will be set up on the 8 meter arc and one shot, no pass, no rebound play will be permitted. In this case only, if play is stopped by another major foul, the play will reset.
- There will be no captains meeting or stick checks prior to the game. First alternate possession will go to the light colored uniform team.
Playoff and Championship Games
- Playoff and Championship games will consist of 1 twenty-five minute running time period. The clock will stop on all whistles in the last two minutes of the game. Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game with possession or after a goal at which time the clock will stop.
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finish the game. Alternate possession continues. If the game remains tied after 8 minutes, teams will switch ends. This will be repeated until the first team scores.
- 8 vs 8 (2 attack, 2 defense, 3 middies, 1 goalie)
- The four goal rule will be in effect - if a team is leading by 4 or more goals, the draw will be eliminated and the ball awarded to the trailing team aat midfield.
- There will be a 2 pass requirement; resets at center line; goalie clear counts as a pass.
- No stick checking.
- The 3 second closely guarded rule will be in effect.*
- Follow-through into the goal circle on shot is not permitted.
- No kicking the ball in field of play.
U11, U13, 2025, 2026
- There will be modified checking below the shoulder.
- The 3 second closely guarded rule will be in effect.*
- No pass requirement.
- No four goal differential possession at center.
- Follow-through into goal circle on shot not permitted.
2022, 2023, 2024
- There will be full checking permitted.
- No pass requirement.
- No four goal differential possession at center.
* The 3 second closely guarded rule: If a defensive player is within a legal checking position (two hands on the stick in a way that could produce a legal check) of the player with the ball for 3 seconds, the whistle will be blown and the defensive player awarded the ball (minor foul).
No deputy goalie allowed - no unprotected player is allowed in the goal circle at any time.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- U13 players must have be born after August 31, 2004.
- U11 players must have been born after August 31, 2006.
- U9 players must have been born after August 31, 2008.
- The division placement of each grade based team will be based on the graduation year of the player on the team in the highest grade. There will be no exceptions granted.
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call the coin toss)
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to compete in any playoff games.
All forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observered at any location, play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half.
Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 35 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to two 20 minutes running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the saftey of any player.
Weather Refund Policy
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for reasons other than weather. (forfeits, no shows, etc)
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- If one game is canceled due to weather, there will be no refund.
- 8 v 8 (U9): If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $204 refund, and an additional $203 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- 11 v 11 (U11, U13, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026) If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $254 refund, and an additional $253 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.
- Since teams register, and are paid for under a lot of different names, teams will be required to complete a Weather Refund Request Form that will be available on the tournament website. This will indicate the team requesting the refund, to whom the check should be made payable and where the check should be mailed. No refunds will be issued if a Weather Request Form is not submitted within 30 days of the tournament.
Aloha Tournaments has partnered with RoomRoster to bring hotel accommodations to travel teams for this event. Teams are able to book any hotel of their choice through the Team Profile. Once a team is registered for the tournament, and uploaded to the RoomRoster software, a link will be sent to the Team Manager to forward to all team members in order for them to reserve their room from the Block created by the Team Manager.
For teams looking for help blocking rooms e-mail email@example.com
For general inquiries and reservation support please contact
1-888-723-2064 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck at the tournament!
Click HERE to visit the RoomRoster site to book your individual hotel.
Directions and Field Maps
North Side Park
Join us this summer for the ultimate fan experience at the Brine Girls Beach Lax Festival!
Aloha's Tiki Village will showcase national and local retailers, the area's best food trucks, sponsorship activation, contests and prizes, giveaways & more! Check back soon to view participating food trucks & retailers!
Northside Park Vendors:
- Aloha Tournaments Girls Beach Lax T-Shirts and Paraphernalia
- Girls Gotta Play
- Approach Clothing
- Lax Chic
- Wrap My Stick
- K & R Concessions
- Northside Park Snack Bar