A list of committed programs participating in the Brine Sun & Surf Lacrosse Tournament is below:
Rules of Play
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
All rules will be in accordance with NFHS standards unless otherwise noted.
- Playing time will consist of 2 twenty minute running time halves with a five minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout each half at which time the clock will stop. Timeouts will not carry over to the next half. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- The clock will stop on all whistles in the last 2 minutes of the game if the goal differential is 2 goals or less.
- Playoff & Championship games will consist of 2 fifteen minute running time periods. A one minute timeout will separate the periods at which time the teams will change ends of the field. Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game at which time the clock will stop. The clock will stop on all whistles during the last two minutes of the game.
- There will be no overtime in regulation play.
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finished the game. If the game remains tied after 8 minutes a one minute break will be called by the officials at which time teams will change ends.
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her team's next game. If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Fighting is an automatic ejection from the game.
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Boys Variances:
- A) All penalties will be running time. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- B) Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick horn to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- C) There will be no advancement rules at 2026/2025, 2024/2023, 2022/2021 divisions. If a team appears to be stalling they will be warned, then forced to keep the ball in the box. This call will be made at the referee's discretion.
- D) There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game penalty will be assessed. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed. Sticks must meet either NCAA or NFHS standards.
- E) 2025/2026 sticks must be between 37"- 54".
- F) There will be no body checks in the 2026/2025 age division.
- Girls Variances:
- A) Girls Middle School will play under US Lacrosse Youth rules.
- B) Girls Middle School will play with a 4 goal difference free possession rule.
- C) Girls 2025/2026 will play modified checking.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- Placement on a grade based team is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
- Players in the Class of 2018 are ineligible to participate in the Rising Stars division.
- No High School graduates are eligible.
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observered at any location, play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half.
Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 35 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to two 20 minutes running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the saftey of any player.
Weather Refund Policy
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for reasons other than weather. (forfeits, no shows, etc)
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- If one game is canceled due to weather, there will be no refund.
- Middle School (2026, 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, & 2021) - If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $374 refund, and an additional $374 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- High School - If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $374 refund, and an additional $374 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.
- Since teams register, and are paid for under a lot of different names, teams will be required to complete a Weather Refund Request Form that will be available on the tournament website. This will indicate the team requesting the refund, to whom the check should be made payable and where the check should be mailed. No refunds will be issued if a Weather Request Form is not submitted within 30 days of the tournament.
Princess Anne Athletic Complex & VA Beach Sportsplex - From I-64, take Indian River Road East (Exit 286B) and merge onto Indian River Road. Just after the Kempsville Road intersection, the road will fork. At the fork, bear left onto Ferrell Parkway. Take the Princess Anne Road East exit at the end of Ferrell Parkway. Follow Princess Anne Road to Dam Neck Road. Turn right on Dam Neck. Look for the brown sign pointing you towards the Athletic Fields, turn left onto Landstown Road.The Princess Anne Athletic Complex entrance will be on the right (across from the Virginia Beach Sportsplex entrance). (4001 Dam Neck Rd, Virgina Beach, VA, 23456)
Aloha Tournaments has contracted rooms at the following hotels to help make your travel easier. We have done extensive research of area hotels and contracted with a variety of properties that would meet your needs. Rooms are being held, for you, under the name Brine Sun & Surf. For individual reservations please contact the hotel directly. If your team/club needs to make reservation for 10 or more rooms please contact Aloha Housing for assistance at 866-788-4278 or email@example.com
All room reservations must be made by May 10, 2017. Any cancelations must be made 48 hours prior to the day of arrival.
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Norfolk
5655 Greenwich Rd Virginia Beach, VA 23462
$149/night plus tax
Reservations by phone: 877- 834- 3613
Reservations online: Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Norfolk Hotel & Conference Center
Restaurant on property: Yes
Complimentary Breakfast: No
Swimming pool: Yes
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk
5700 Greenwich Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
$157/night plus tax
Reservations by phone: 800-321-2211
Restaurant on property: No
Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
Swimming Pool: Yes
The Founders Inn and Spa
5641 Indian River Road Virginia Beach, VA 23464
$139/night plus tax
Reservations online: The Founders Inn
Group Code: 540433
Restaurant on Property: Yes
Complimentary Breakfast: No
Swimming Pool: Yes
Please note: Some third party travel companies my attempt to solicit housing for your team and imply having affiliation with Aloha Tournaments but they do not. Aloha housing will not be able to assist you if you choose to use another company or a discounted travel web site.
Join us this summer for the ultimate fan experience at the Brine Sun & Surf tournament!
Aloha's Tiki Village will showcase national and local retailers, the area's best food trucks, sponsorship activation, contests and prizes, giveaways & more! Check out the list below for participating food trucks & retailers!