Warrior Texas Two-Step Houston
The Warrior Texas Two-Step Lacrosse Tournaments are a series of competitive lacrosse tournaments for High School and Middle School teams.
High School Divisions:
Varsity & Rising Stars
2021/2022, 2023/2024, & 2025/2026
Registration Fee includes 5 scheduled games and all referee fees.
Rules and Policies
Rules of Play
All Aloha Tournament events are smoke free, pet free and alcohol free events. No grills, generators, noisemakers or air horns are allowed. Thank you for respecting our fans and players!
All rules will be in accordance with NCAA standards unless otherwise noted.
- Playing time will consist of 2 twenty minute running time halves with a five minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout each half at which time the clock will stop. Timeouts will not carry over to the next half. If a team does not return to the field in a prompt manner after the timeout they will either lose possession of the ball or be assessed a delay of game penalty.
- Playoff & Championship games will consist of 2 fifteen minute running time periods. A one minute timeout will separate the periods at which time teams will change ends of the field. Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game. The clock will stop on all whistles for the last two minutes of the game.
- There will be no overtime in regulation games.
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finished the game. If the game remains tied after 8 minutes a one minute break will be called by the officials at which time teams will change ends.
- All penalties will be running time. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick horn to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- Players in the 2025/2026 division will not have time serving fouls. The fouling player will be removed from the field of play for the duration of his foul but will be allowed to be replaced by another player. The team that is fouled will be given a fast break opportunity starting inside their midfield line.
- There will be no advancement rules at 2025/2026 or 2023/2024.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed. Sticks must meet either NCAA or NFHS standards.
- 2025/2026 sticks must be between 37"- 42".
- 2023/2024 sticks must be between 37"- 54".
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her team's next game. If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Fighting is an automatic ejection from the game.
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- The division placement of each team will be based on the graduation year of the player on the team in the highest grade. There will be no exceptions granted.
- No player in the Class of 2018 will be permitted to participate in the Rising Stars division.
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.
Points will be awarded after each game in the following manner:
- 5 points for a win
- 2 points for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
Divisional ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Total point differential in first five games (not to exceed +3 or -3 per game)
- Coin Toss (Team coming in second in the alphabet will call
Any playoff games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period.
One referee at each game will hold the scorecard for the game. At the end of each game the referee will record the official score and sign the scorecard. An Aloha Tournaments representative will then pick up the scorecard and return it to the registration tent. All scores and point totals will be recorded on the scoreboard in front of the registration tent.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce the game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the Aloha website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observered at any location, play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be required to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- The period will end immediately.
- If a game is in the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded.
- If a game is in the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half.
Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The suspended game will play a 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after the preceding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of one 35 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Teams will have one 30 second timeout per game not to be used in the last two minutes of the game (the clock will not stop during these timeouts).
- Once games are back on schedule, they will revert back to two 20 minutes running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game, but we will not jeopardize the saftey of any player.
Weather Refund Policy
- No refunds will be issued for games cancelled for reasons other than weather. (forfeits, no shows, etc)
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- If one game is canceled due to weather, there will be no refund.
- Middle School (2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026) - If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $324 refund, and an additional $324 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- High School (Varsity & Rising Stars) - If a second game is canceled due to weather, the team will receive a $324 refund, and an additional $324 refund for each game canceled thereafter.
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games canceled due to weather.
- Since teams register, and are paid for under a lot of different names, teams will be required to complete a Weather Refund Request Form that will be available on the tournament website. This will indicate the team requesting the refund, to whom the check should be made payable and where the check should be mailed. No refunds will be issued if a Weather Request Form is not submitted within 30 days of the tournament.
Schedules and Standings
Schedules to be posted about 10 days before event.
Directions and Field Maps
Aloha Tournaments has contracted rooms at the following hotels to help make your travel easier. We have done extensive research of area hotels and contracted with a variety of properties that would meet your needs. Rooms are being held, for you, under the name Warrior Texas Two-Step. For individual reservations please contact the hotel directly. If your team/club needs to make reservation for 10 or more rooms please contact Aloha Housing for assistance at 866-788-4278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All room reservations must be made by April 27 2017. Any cancelations must be made 48 hours prior to the day of arrival.
Courtyard Houston Northwest
11050 Louetta Rd Houston TX 77070
$129/night plus tax
Reservations by phone: 888-703-0392
Reservations online: Courtyard Houston Northwest
Restaurant on property: Yes
Complimentary Breakfast: "Grab & Go" Breakfast
Swimming pool: Yes
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
10520 Huffmeister Rd Houston, TX 77065
$119/night plus tax
Reservations by phone: 888-465-4329
Reservations online: Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Restaurant on property: No
Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
Swimming Pool: Yes (outdoor)
Please note: Some third party travel companies my attempt to solicit housing for your team and imply having affiliation with Aloha Tournaments but they do not. Aloha housing will not be able to assist you if you choose to use another company or a discounted travel web site.
Join us this summer for the ultimate fan experience at the Texas Two-Step Houston tournament!
Aloha's Tiki Village will showcase national and local retailers, the area's best food trucks, sponsorship activation, contests and prizes, giveaways & more!
Check back soon for a list of participating food trucks & retailers!